Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Liebster Awards, Part 2

+JMJ+

Some of you may remember my post about the Liebster Awards from last week, but I'm posting a follow-up because a funny thing happened - I got nominated again! Earlier this week Patty informed me that she was nominating me (thank you!). Here's a re-cap of how it works:


Since I already participated last week I'll skip the 11 facts about me and nominating any more people, but I will go ahead and answer Patty's questions. Although that's easier said than done because some of them take some serious thought!

Patty's questions for me:
Favorite saint and why... I love a lot of Saints! For the purposes of selecting someone, though, I'll say St. Maria Faustina Kowalska. I love her for her rich, mystical interior life (which you can read about in her Diary) and the fact that Jesus used her to gift us with the Divine Mercy message. I love the chaplet of Divine Mercy and the graces you can receive on Divine Mercy Sunday (coming up in a month!).

St. Maria Faustina
Why you started blogging... I was inspired by all my family and friends who had started blogs. I loved reading what they had to say in order to keep in touch while I was in college so one day when I was bored at one of my part-time college jobs I came up with the idea for my first blog.

Name something you have always wanted to learn... Latin and Greek.

One place you want to travel to that you've never been and why... The Vatican! For Catholic reasons.

When you have some money, favorite store to shop and splurge at... Probably Target. And I can still currently shop here because they have a maternity line. :)

Best book you have ever read and why? I'm completely stumped on this one because there are a lot of good books out there. But the Bible is always good considering its words can help us get to heaven. :)

3 questions you want to ask Jesus someday when you meet him in Heaven... Okay, really, Patty. These are hard. I suppose I would ask him 1) How am I worthy enough to be here and talking to you right now?! 2) How/when he first knew in his life who he was and what God created him for, and 3) I would ask him to have mercy on all the souls in purgatory and help those who no longer have anyone to pray for them be cleansed so they may join him in heaven.

Favorite Disney of all time... I think it's a tie between The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.

What animal best describes your personality and why? No idea, but I love pandas because they are so so cute!


Favorite blog to follow and why? Lately I'd say it's Camp Patton - because I can't read one of Grace's "Simon Says" posts without cracking up. 

Biggest lesson you have learned in life so far... I think my biggest take away from the past few years has been that truly following God means you will have to let go of and free yourself from earthly things and not be afraid to do it; often it's money or material possessions, being part of the "popular" vote or crowd, but other times we must walk away from people who do not support or help us on our journey toward heaven (sometimes all you can do is distance yourself and pray for them from afar). Jesus meant it when he gave us the words of John 15:18-19 and Matthew 10:22. In my own life I've become more and more aware of this and more at peace with simply following Christ where He leads me - striving to let go of other cares, worries, or distractions that only attempt to pull me farther from Him.

So there you have it - the answers to the questions from my second Liebster Award nomination. Thanks again for nominating me, Patty!

"Whoever will recite [the chaplet of divine mercy] will receive great mercy at the hour of death. ...Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last hope of salvation. Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy. ...I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy...."
-Jesus speaking to St. Faustina (Diary, 687)

No comments:

Post a Comment