Friday, May 3, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 11)

+JMJ+


--- 1 ---
I was beginning to doubt it would ever happen, but the time has finally come: consistent spring weather has actually arrived in Michigan! It began last Saturday (when Michael and I had a picnic) and we've been blessed with a gorgeous week in the sixties and seventies (yes - seventies!) ever since. I must admit, the change has been more than drastic and therefore a little confusing. However, I'm embracing it and hoping beyond hope that it doesn't snow again until November or December.

--- 2 ---
On Wednesday I had one of my wisdom teeth removed. Although I'm not fully healed, I would say that my recovery has gone surprisingly well! In some ways I'm more than a little shocked. I'm sure a great deal of this has to do with only getting one out (and waiting on the 3 'non-urgent' ones until later after I have the baby). I have had some manageable swelling and pain and can only imagine what it would be like having all 4 out at once. Thank you to anyone who has prayed for me and/or my family this week!

--- 3 ---
Remember that young adult group I mentioned - i.d.916? They meet on the first Thursday of every month, but considering I cannot yet eat solid foods and part of my face is swollen we opted not to attend this time. This made me kind of sad because I really wanted to hear this month's speaker, Fr. John Riccardo (Ave Maria radio, anyone?). Then I remembered that i.d.916 has been live-streaming their talks! So Michael and I were able to watch/listen and I could keep icing my face from the comfort of our apartment. Technology, for the win!

--- 4 ---
Now that we know my mom is throwing us a baby shower, Michael and I have been working on creating a baby registry. Even if we don't receive any gifts or items off the list, the process of creating it has made me incredibly happy and is totally worth it...because picking out baby gear and clothes with my husband makes me smile from ear to ear. :D Making these kind of decisions with Michael makes everything feel that much more real and exciting! Plus, it's fun to learn that he and I have similar taste in baby clothes (who knew?). 

--- 5 ---
I realize I'm incredibly late to the party, but this week I learned that Lifehouse released a new album back in December! Where on earth was I?! (answer: probably living in my newlywed bubble and processing the exciting news that we are having a baby....) Anyway, if you haven't checked out their album, Almería, you should. As soon as possible. In fact, I've included this YouTube video just to give you a little taste. :)


--- 6 ---
Speaking of new albums...Matt Maher's new CD was recently released! The album features some new songs, live versions of some oldies (but goodies), and is definitely worth a listen (or two, or three, or four....). This peaceful, meditative song is one of my favorites:


"Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest

Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart"


--- 7 ---
Michael and I made plans to do something this afternoon that we haven't done in awhile: we are going to Adoration at our parish. :) We used to do this on a somewhat regular basis, but last night after we watched Fr. John Riccardo's talk (see #3) we realized this has been missing in our lives for what feels like far too long. The last time I remember spending real time before the Blessed Sacrament outside of Mass (other than Holy Week) was in preparation for the March for Life. I cannot believe how time flies! Please pray for us to get back into this routine because too often "life" happens and we (ironically) manage to let the most important, life-giving relationship in our lives slide to the wayside. Time to refocus our efforts and priorities.

I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend. For more Quick Takes, head over to Jen's blog!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your weather is finally staying good! We've been dealing with the same thing here in NE--you think it's finally nice, and then a day like Tuesday happens where it's cold and rainy. But I really don't think we'll have any surprise snow...probably :-) I'm glad your wisdom tooth pulling went well. I can't remember if I mentioned, but I thought I was joining you. I went to the dentist on Wednesday as well and it turns out what I thought was my wisdom tooth and a cavity was in fact a canker sore the size of a dime (wow!) sitting on top of a key nerve and THAT's why my other tooth felt so weird. I don't even have a wisdom tooth where the pain was (I only have 3), but I couldn't remember which one was missing. Anyway, good luck to you with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed seeing you both on Thursday, but glad you could tune it...it was so packed!
    Glad you feeling better and recovering from wisdom teeth surgery:)

    ReplyDelete