Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Very Inspiring Bloggers

+JMJ+

In recent weeks I've started following several new blogs that I enjoy reading. However, because of that I've found it practically impossible to read every single post written by these marvelous people and often find myself playing "catch up" several days after things have been posted. This morning I was doing just that when - imagine my surprise - I realized that Stefanie at A Dreamer's Wife nominated me back on the 17th for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!

After feeling sheepish that I hadn't noticed her nomination in a very timely fashion I immediately switched to feeling shocked and humbled! After all, I find Stefanie's blog inspiring to me! To think that it's a two-way street certainly makes me smile and thank the Lord for the technology that gave us the blogosphere.


The rules of the award are as follows:
  1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you. 
  2. Post the award image to your page. 
  3. Share 7 facts about yourself – fun things, favorite things, humorous things, or things that inspire you.
  4. Nominate up to 15 other blogs and invite them to participate.
Seven facts about me:
  1. Currently I am 29 weeks pregnant with our first child - a boy!
  2. I absolutely love inspiring quotes...which is why you may notice I end each of my blog posts (minus any link-ups I participate in) with a quote that I find relevant.
  3. I met my husband at a bar (it's not as bad as it sounds) during a concert.
  4. I am fascinated by fitness, wellness, and especially exercise physiology (which is why I got a BS in Kinesiology).
  5. I am proud to be a Hoosier
  6. I love being active and outdoors (kayaking, hiking, you name it).
  7. My confirmation name is Stephen (the first martyr for the faith).
Bloggers who inspire me (I'm narrowing it down to a few I haven't highlighted before):

Katrina at Cedars and Tiny Flowers - First of all, her blog is named after a St. Thérèse quote - need I say more? On top of that she lives in South Bend and considering my older sister and brother-in-law are Notre Dame alums I can certainly appreciate her everyday photos and stories involving idyllic ND locations (the basilica, the grotto, etc.). Plus, seeing the way she dresses her adorable little boy has made me incredibly excited to have a boy and start buying him fashionable church clothing!

Megan at Purity of Heart - Her blog is all about spreading the truths and beauty of womanhood as God intended it to be...and she does so with classy, feminine style that I admire! Her posts are nearly always short, sweet, artistic, and leave me feeling uplifted or inspired. I cannot help but feel like her blog title, Purity of Heart, describes her blogging style perfectly. 

Kendra at Catholic All Year - As a Catholic newlywed and now expectant mother myself, there are seemingly a million things that inspire me about Kendra's blog! She is a devout Catholic mother of six (with number 7 on the way!) that manages to run a God-centered household, home-school, maintain a captivating blog, and somehow cook insane amounts of food and throw awesome parties for multiple Catholic feast days throughout the year. I enjoy learning how she does what she does and hope to glean some skills of my own from her helpful and insightful blog!

So there you have it - a few facts about me and a few bloggers I really enjoy following. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read my humble little blog and a special thanks again to Stefanie for giving me hope that the everyday anecdotes I write are somehow inspiring to others. ;)

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."
-Blessed Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo i totally slacked on notifying my nominees! I meant to do that, but went on vacation last week and then dropped the ball! I'm glad you ran across the post, though! I love your blog choices, as well! Go Irish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! If you want to know the secret . . . I don't watch TV (much) or sleep (much) . . . but I AM heading off to do a tiny bit of both since it's nap time at the Tierney house.

    ReplyDelete