Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Michael's first Father's Day

+JMJ+

Last weekend was filled with good memories including dinner with friends, a free outdoor blues concert, eating authentic Chinese food from our favorite local place, going to the movies, relaxing at the pool with my man, and of course - Michael's first Father's Day! A quick shout out also goes to my oldest niece and Goddaughter who turned three years old on Saturday; I love that little girl so much!

Obviously next year will be the first Father's Day after Michael has actually experienced firsthand what it is to care for a child of his own, but that didn't stop us from celebrating his new role as "father" as we prepare for the upcoming birth of our first son! I have already caught glimpses of my husband's emerging personality as a father and wanted to take some time to acknowledge that and celebrate him this past Sunday.

The day was filled with joy and I did my best to make it all about Michael. After sleeping in, attending church, and eating lunch we decided to spend the afternoon soaking in the sun from our apartment's pool. Before that, though, I made sure to give him the Father's Day card I had picked up for him earlier in the week - which he didn't anticipate, making it all the more pleasant to watch him read. We then had fun sitting, chatting, and simply enjoying one another's company at the pool before heading home and deciding to do whatever he wanted for dinner.

I sort of wish I had snapped some photos to document the day, but other than taking a picture of me being 32 weeks pregnant that simply didn't happen. The photo on the left is from October 2011 - about 3 months into our dating relationship (shortly after we first discussed a possible future being married to one another). I stumbled across the Proverbs quote as I searched for something to write inside his Father's Day card and immediately knew that it was perfect. I am so blessed to have a husband - and now father of our first child - that walks in his integrity

...and how blessed our son shall be because of it.

"A righteous man who walks in his integrity-
How blessed are his sons after him."
Proverbs 20:7

No comments:

Post a Comment