I cannot get over how perfect God's timing is in every single way. Today, August 10, was Gabriel's due date...but I cannot imagine what this week would have been like if he had waited to make his debut "on time." I mean, seriously. I would have missed out on a WHOLE lot of love and getting to smile at this face each day:
|August 8 - three days old!|
Look at those beautiful, baby blue-grey eyes. I cannot wait to see what color they permanently settle on! :) I think it goes without saying, but we just love him to pieces!
Apparently love was in the air this week because God blessed Michael's family and mine with some pretty exceptional and noteworthy events.
- First, we welcomed Gabriel into the world and have been dazed (in the best of ways!) ever since.
- Secondly, August 8th (Feast of St. Dominic!) marked the four year anniversary of my older sister and brother-in-law's wedding! They are such a wonderful witness of authentic love and I cannot imagine my life without them or my two precious nieces. Love love love!
- Third, my sister-in-law (Michael's sister) got engaged! I don't know any details yet about when she plans to get married but she is very happy so I am very happy for her!!! She is a wonderful girl and deserves nothing but the best.
- Also, today is my mother-in-law's birthday! How funny it would have been had her first grandson been born on the very same day. :)
- Finally, within the same 24-hour time period that my sister-in-law got engaged, the Best Man from our wedding also got engaged to his wonderful girlfriend! I first met them in Bloomington the summer Michael and I began spending time together and they're pretty great people.
And as if that wasn't enough love to throw your way, there's this:
That's probably all the love and cuteness your hearts can handle before they simply explode, right?! Don't worry, I'll be back with more love and photos later on. Gotta pace ourselves here. :)
|Born with lots of very light brown/blonde(ish) hair - adorable!|
Have a great weekend, everyone!
"Where there is love there is life."