Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Liebster Awards, Part 3

+JMJ+


I first heard about the "Liebster Awards" back in February when Stephanie C. of Captive the Heart nominated me for one. Shortly after, I was nominated again by Patty of Tales of Me and the Husband. Well, some people may get tired of these things but personally I think it's a really fun way to get to know new bloggers! So when Patty's sister, Annie, who blogs at This Northern Belle nominated me this month I was honored and excited to have something relatively easy to blog about in my postpartum days. Thanks so much for the nomination, Annie!

Annie actually nominated me back on August 5th - the day I gave birth to Gabriel! - so it's taken me a little while to remember and get settled enough to follow through on her nomination. Don't remember how the Liebster Awards work? Here's a recap:



Eleven facts about me:

  1. Even though I've been married for nearly 11 months I still love wedding shows (and am currently watching David Tutera's My Fair Wedding on Netflix).
  2. I think anyone who knows me would say that I'm a neat freak and a clean freak...and I'd agree with them.
  3. Even though we just moved to Florida from Michigan I am forever an Indiana girl and a proud Hoosier.
  4. I normally (meaning when I'm not pregnant or recovering from childbirth) have very thin fingers and my engagement and wedding rings are a size 4. It's kind of killing me that I haven't been able to wear them for several months!
  5. I used to donate plasma twice a week when I was in college.
  6. For the past 5 years I've been sponsoring a little boy in the Philippines through CFCA (perhaps some of you would like to do this, too?!). 
  7. After college I did a year of volunteer service through Dominican Volunteers USA. It was a tough, formative year (often not in the ways I would have expected) with lots of ups and downs and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for everyone - but no matter what I forever love love love Dominicans. :)
  8. My top 2 "love languages" (according to when I took the test 3 years ago) are Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service.
  9. My Meyers-Briggs personality is "ISFJ."
  10. I really love inspirational quotes and have a small quote book (that I need to add a LOT more to). :)
  11. I am all about doing things naturally and/or using natural products when possible...but this does not and will probably never apply to childbirth because let's be real - epidurals ARE amazing. Once I received my epidural I repeatedly said that I have absolutely zero desire to ever go through a 100% natural childbirth. Z.e.r.o.
Annie's questions for me:
  1. What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Anything in the Crockpot (what a time-saver!).
  2. If you could invite three people to dinner (living, dead, real or fictional), who would it be? I'm going to go with my gut and not think about this too much...and just say Blessed Pope John Paul II, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, and Pope Francis would be pretty great company.
  3. What is your dream vacation? A European tour that makes sure to stop in Rome.
  4. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Staying home and cuddling with my husband...if it's a weekend and that is an option. :) Otherwise I'd say sitting on the couch and sipping on a warm beverage while reading or watching a movie.
  5. What was your dream job when you were a kid? First a pediatrician...then an orthodontist. No,
    I'm not a nerd at all.
  6. Apple or oranges? Most of my life I would have said oranges...but marrying Michael changed that and now I'd definitely say apples!
  7. What is your favorite beverage? Hmm.... Can I say coffee, hot tea, wine, and dark beer? Not all at once, of course! But normally I just drink lots and lots of water all day long.
  8. What is something that made you laugh recently? About ten minutes ago watching Gabriel sleep on my lap made me laugh because he was laughing and smiling while dreaming. :)
  9. Favorite holiday? Christmas!
  10. What book do you most recommend? I'm not sure but I'm guessing it would be something Catholic.
  11. Beach, city, new culture? Which do you prefer for a weekend getaway? I like it all! As long as there's something fun to explore - whether it's urban, rural, tropical, etc. - it doesn't matter much where I go. To me, who I'm with is more important than where we go. :)
And finally, instead of nominating new people and creating new questions I'll simply direct you to the handful of awesome people I nominated the first time around:

{1} Liz  
{2} Celeste  
{3} Teresa   
{4} Kelley

Thanks again, Annie, for the nomination! You all should head over to This Northern Belle and show her some love! 

"You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can't forget. Those are your 'friends.'"

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment