Monday, September 23, 2013

Livin' Up the New Baby Love

+JMJ+

I was going to attempt some clever intro about how it can be difficult for a new mom to find time to blog, but then I didn't have the time to think it through and decided that my lack of clever intro probably makes my point more clearly than anything else I could have said.

I just realized today that I haven't written anything on here for more than two weeks! Whoops.

I've had ample time to read blogs when I'm constantly nursing, so I guess somewhere in between reading blogs, nursing Gabriel, making sure I'm not toooo sleep deprived (I'm not - thanks to one wonderful little boy and his ever-improving/ever-more-predictable sleeping habits!), being present to my little family, and getting back into working out (yes! I was so excited to get the green light on exercising again! Even though the elliptical kicked my butt that first day), I must have thought I'd written something. But nope.

So here we are! This is me telling you I'm alive and new mommy-hood is time consuming but OH so wonderful! Sure, parts of it can be exhausting and all that jazz, but I certainly wouldn't trade my current everyday life situation for the world.

This past weekend Michael and I searched diligently for a dress that fits me, I can nurse in, and is nice enough to wear to Gabriel's baptism next month (okay, I searched diligently and he patiently accompanied me for the journey and helped me make decisions). :) We wound up with a couple of "everyday life" dresses from Target (one of which I may be able to dress up enough for the baptism) and then I ordered some more Target dresses from their website that were on clearance or on sale. I'm currently waiting to receive them in the mail, try them on, and hopefully find a real winner! The exciting thing is that not a single one is maternity - but they are all styles I should be able to nurse in pretty easily and continue wearing once I lose the rest of the pregnancy weight. I'll try to remember to keep you posted...although I'll probably just wind up posting a baptism photo and let you see for yourself what I chose. ;)

One of my in-store Target finds from the weekend - and a beyond cute,
almost 7 weeks old baby (he's 7 weeks today)!

Other than searching high and low for an appropriate dress, Michael, Gabriel, and I had a lovely, relaxing weekend. Michael took us out to a nice Indian restaurant his co-workers had introduced him to (it was great! Very authentic food. Yum), we did our weekly grocery shopping, took a couple of (hot! But refreshing) walks around the area, attended church (of course), and enjoyed watching several episodes of the latest Korean TV show we've happily gotten sucked into. Have I mentioned our love of Korean dramas? I don't believe so...but that's another post for another day entirely.

Sunday afternoon stroll through the park across the street
It's late September. We live in Florida. Still not used to it!

Oh! Another exciting thing from this past weekend: I had my first alcoholic beverage in over 9 months. Yep. That's right. I didn't drink at all during the pregnancy (even though I know several people and resources say that an occasional drink is okay - call me paranoid or whatever but I played it safe) and had yet to drink anything since he was born. It was long overdue. Anyway. Just a little glimpse into my life nowadays! Busy, somewhat random, possibly boring sounding to those of you that aren't married and/or don't have a baby yet, but wonderful, beautiful, and filled to the brim with baby smiles, coos, and all sorts of things that just scream "love!" I feel overwhelmingly grateful for all that God has blessed Michael and me with on this earth. So so grateful.

I hope you all are doing well! Please continue your wonderful posts which help pass the time when Gabriel is seemingly always nursing! :)

P.S.  I want to give a formal shout out of congratulations to my high school best friend because she and her man tied the knot this weekend! The timing, location, and circumstances with Gabriel didn't allow us to attend, but we are so happy for her all the same! I love you, K!

P.P.S. And another formal congrats to one of my long-time readers, online friends, and (I think I can safely say) spiritual sisters, Celeste! She recently got engaged and has such a sweet, Marian love story. Please pray for her as she and her fiance prepare for the Sacrament of marriage in the spring. :)

"To be really great in little things, to be truly noble and heroic in the insipid details of everyday life, is a virtue so rare as to be worthy of canonization."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe

4 comments:

  1. The way you two are looking at each other just makes me melt! Your joy is so evident!! I'd love to see a post on your new dresses and nursing-friendly clothes--for so long, I was excited to buy and figure out maternity clothes, but now that my wardrobe has shrunk so much, I'm all about looking for postpartum styles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to highlight my postpartum/nursing clothes in a post! Hopefully I can make that happen for you. :) It has been tricky because I assumed there were some pre-pregnancy clothes that would work well for nursing...and while the style would work, they simply don't fit my now-much-larger-than-ever-before chest, haha. I had no idea having a baby would require so many transitional wardrobes!

      Delete
  2. Stephanie!! Beautiful. :)
    Thank you so much for the wishes.Be assured of my continued prayers for you all. I am so grateful for yours and need them in abundance as we prepare for this Sacrament! And PS. Spiritual sisters...definitely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (as always!) for the prayers!!! :) I'll keep you in mine!

      Delete