Friday, October 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 22): In Which I Re-Cap...A Lot

+JMJ+


Well, it took a couple of months but I think I'm finally beyond the "final days of pregnancy/beginning days of motherhood" hazy thoughts phase. Somehow I've managed to get back into a rhythm of writing - including rejoining Jen's Friday Quick Takes! It's been awhile so let's get this party started. And don't forget to check out Jen's blog for more quick takers. :)

--- 1 ---
I just realized that I haven't done a "Quick Takes" entry since we moved to Florida. You'd think that a quick takes post would be the most likely thing I would have kept up with on my blog after a move, in my final days of pregnancy, and in the earliest of newborn/exhausted mom days because they should be quick and easy. Except not. Apparently that was too much for my brain to handle. Who knew? Perhaps it means I need to stick to simpler quick takes....

--- 2 ---
This also means I haven't done any "Quick Takes" since Gabriel was born! And now he's already 2 months old. :) Can you believe it?! He's already gone from this:

3 days old
 To this:
8.5 weeks old

For more on Gabriel (who is now 9.5-almost-10-weeks old!) you can check out these posts that highlight written updates or photos (or both) of him:


Needless to say, it's been a pretty happy couple of months filled with all the love and joy a brand-new baby brings. :)

--- 3 ---


My mind is still reeling from the fact that I've been married for one whole year already! And what a good year it has been. I wrote all about it here.

--- 4 ---


I almost forgot: you can also see some pretty adorable photos of Gabriel in the post I wrote about our one-year anniversary trip to Miami. :) 

--- 5 ---
Conveniently enough, Gabriel received his first round of vaccinations right after Respect Life Sunday during these Forty Days for Life...which makes the timing of my "How to Be Pro-Life and Pro-Vaccinations in 5 Easy Steps" post quite apropos, don't you think?

--- 6 ---
I think that's all the shameless self-promotion these quick takes can handle. So how about I promote some other blogs instead? Did you read Simcha's piece entitled Seeing Pink? Follow the Money.? I hardly ever post anything on my husband's and my shared Facebook account, but this was just too good not to pass on. And this piece (You're a Stay-at-home mom? What do you DO all day?) by Matt Walsh about SAHMs. It's quite possibly the best thing I've read since...I can't remember. It's THAT good. And it's written by a man, so props and many thank yous to him! Give it a read when you get the chance! And no, I didn't intend to make this quick take another link to one of my own entries...but if you fancy a read about shared Facebook accounts, who am I to stop you? ;)

--- 7 ---
Up until this past weekend I hadn't purchased any new music in a year. I remember because the last time I made an iTunes purchase was for our wedding reception playlist. The no-new-music dry spell has been broken, though, since I purchased Audrey Assad's Fortunate Fall, the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist's Mater Eucharistiae (shout out to these wonderful ladies in Ann Arbor I once went on retreat with), and Almeria by Lifehouse. Little Gabriel and I have had lots of fun rocking out (or calming down and/or praying) to these fabulous tunes all week long. :) I highly recommend all three albums!

P.S. I completely changed my blog's header and tweaked the color scheme this week. Like or dislike? I'm thinking that it makes my blog look a little more clean/professional-looking...even though I would consider my blog far from professional whatsoever. :)

And that's all she wrote. Have a happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely liking the new blog design, and a belated happy anniversary!! Matt is the older brother of one of my best friends, and it's been so funny, but also cool, watching his writing get so viral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! What a small world! That's so fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think so, too - although I might be biased. ;)

      Delete