Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Home

+JMJ+

Those of you that remember what my husband does for a living can probably guess what this post is all about....

That's right, we are moving! 
Again. :)

I haven't written much the past month due to Advent, my birthday, Christmas, New Year's, and all the fun times we had with family and friends both here in Florida and back in the Midwest...and now we are busy preparing for our move - but I wanted to take a small amount of time to share this news on here. :)

Yes, we've only been in Florida for just shy of 6 months...but that's what we signed up for. We knew that this was a short project when my husband accepted it but we had also been praying and praying and praying about where God was leading us...so even though we packed up all our things when I was 37 weeks pregnant and got here a week before Gabriel made his debut it was all surprisingly peaceful. And just where we believe God wanted us to be. Michael's main professional reason for accepting the position here in Florida was because it was a great opportunity and could open up some doors for future projects - and I'm happy to say that this has been the case. Figuring out our next project and location could not have been simpler.

Without further ado, you're probably curious where (and when) we are going. Let's see if you can guess! Here is the skyline of the city we'll be near:


Take a good look.

And because I really don't feel like torturing you or waiting for anyone to actually guess...if you said Philadelphia, you're right! We'll be in a suburb but I'm really excited to learn this city. Not only that, but I'm excited at the prospect of meeting some of my fellow bloggers out there. If you live reasonably close to Philadelphia, please let me know so we can plan something fun. 

Oh! And we will be there in about two weeks time. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to finish up some new apartment paperwork with my husband before we spend the afternoon soaking up this Florida sunshine at the pool. Because it's 80 degrees today and you'd better believe we are going to enjoy it while we still can. But oh...boots, sweaters, and scarves, here I come! Time to put all the warm baby clothes we got Gabriel for our Christmas trip north to very good use.

"Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence."
-Pope (almost officially "Saint") John Paul II

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome! We lived in northern DE for 8 months, about 45 min south of Philly. Now we are about 1 hr and 40 min to the city center. Which direction is the suburb you'll be in? I still have a very good friend in Lincoln University, PA that I visit. Plus, I have plenty of idea of things you should do to explore and enjoy every minute you are there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you would have good suggestions, Kelley! :) We will be about 40 minutes west of the city. I will send you an email with more info!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, wow, how exciting! Cannot wait to hear more about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Steph! Absolutely wonderful. God's blessing to you and a special intercession from St. Christopher for the travel :)! Very exciting stuff....maybe someday you'll be in Toronto-hahaha :)..who knows!
    Enjoy the journey. +JMJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) You never know - there is definitely work for my husband outside the U.S. if we decide to go that route. ;)

      Delete
  4. Steph, I'm amazed at your ability to peacefully accept major changes in your life; that's a grace for sure! Prayers for you guys in this time of transition. I lived for a year in West Chester, about half an hour outside the city, and I loved Philly. The Church has so much history there, and there's a great young Catholic community. And you know, I still don't live too far away from there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. Emailing you soon! :D And thank you - it is a grace I am so thankful for.

      Delete