Tuesday, April 1, 2014

In Which a Little Girl Turns 2 and We Declare that Life is Good

+JMJ+

I just realized today is April 1st. What happened to the entire month of March?! Oh, right. We were blessed to have a very busy social calendar which included hosting one of my close college friends and a 3-day weekend visit to see some of my family in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Our weekend was very long and entirely too short all at the same time, as it often is when you travel with a baby to see people that you love. My sister, Christina, already wrote a beautiful, brief summary of what we did while in Cambridge/Boston - so I'll opt to skip writing my own version and let you read hers instead (I'm so happy that my sister is blogging again!). :)

The only thing she forgot to mention is the part where she volunteered to babysit Gabriel so Michael and I could go out on a dinner date Saturday night. Isn't it so great to be with family?! The dinner was quick and I think we surprised my sister by being gone less than an hour and a half, but the food was delicious and the date gave us some precious time alone as husband and wife.

Ready for our dinner date!

The drives to and from Boston were long and far more arduous than I would have liked (especially after Gabriel decided to sleep like a newborn again while we were away - forcing me to co-sleep with him beside me on the air mattress in order to get any sleep at all), but I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I just love being with Christina, my brother-in-law, and my two adorable nieces, S and E. It's usually chaotic when we all get together with the children, but it makes for some really fun memories - and the highlight was when we celebrated E's 2nd birthday on Sunday!

To read more about our weekend, check out Christina's blog. To see some pictorial highlights of E's birthday, look no further!

E and S: ready to get this ladybug-themed party started!
Even Gabriel got in on the antennae fun
Happy to be reunited with his Godparents
Some birthday cupcakes for the little ladybug girl and her guests
Ladybug girl got her wings!
Happy cousins! E, Gabriel, and S

As we made the long, rainy drive back to Pennsylvania, an aggressive headache (for me) and sleep deprivation (for both of us - thanks, Gabriel!) led my husband and me to have several incoherent conversations. I was feeling tired and confused - not sure what we were even talking about - when all of a sudden my husband spoke words that finally made perfect sense to me. As I paused, Michael (like the awesome husband he is) said, "All I know is...life is good." Suddenly it was as if the hazy fog lifted, my tired, moody spirit was much-improved, and I thought, "yes. Life is good." I'm truly thankful for all that God has blessed us with and am so grateful that we could be there for E's special day.

"Family - like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one."
-Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. SO beautiful!! You are such a blessing in our lives and we are so grateful you could come! You've chosen a great husband and consequently have given us such a wonderful nephew. He's right. Life is so good!

    ReplyDelete