Thursday, October 30, 2014

An Epic Orchard

+JMJ+

Earlier in the month I had a fun, fall-themed outing planned for the families of all the mothers in my Catholic moms' group. A bunch of us were really looking forward to spending some quality time together on the weekend with all the husbands because many of us still don't know each other's husbands (nor do many of the men know one another!). We were supposed to meet up at Linvilla Orchards, a local hot spot for picking apples, pumpkins, and more. As you can probably guess, the outing had to be cancelled due to some yucky, rainy, gloomy weather...and I'd been dying to go ever since.

Well, fortunately last weekend (the final weekend before Halloween - aka our last chance to get pumpkins before the holiday!) was absolutely gorgeous. It may not have happened with my mom friends, but Michael and I decided to take advantage of the sunshine on Sunday afternoon and had some family fun picking out our pumpkins.


It was my first time at Linvilla and let me tell you: it is an epic orchard if I've ever seen one. Not only do they have apple and pumpkin picking, but they have hayrides, playgrounds, a free barnyard where kids can feed the animals, a market, cafe, and more. Their fall-themed store that connects to the rows and rows of pumpkins for sale is named "Pumpkinland"...which sounds excessive until you see it in person. I fully admit that the area deserves its name because it is a serious pumpkinland


The place was insanely crowded, so we kept Gabriel in the Ergo the entire time. I'm sure he would have had so much fun exploring the grounds, but it was just too chaotic to let him run free. However, I still think he managed to have a blast.

After exploring the grounds, we ended the afternoon by selecting our pumpkins to take home with us...and I was so excited to see how much Gabriel loved his "wee little" pumpkin (that's actually how they're labeled....). 


I hope all of you have been able to get in the fall and/or Halloween spirit this week! Check back here tomorrow to see the finished products after our pumpkins were all painted. :)

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
-Anne of Green Gables

1 comment: