Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thank Yous All Around

+JMJ+

Do you all remember when my husband got sent to Colorado for a work week? Well, as I type this I'm counting down the days until he returns because, once again, he has been sent to the Colorado plant to help out. The difference this time is that they need him for TWO whole weeks! Thankfully, he'll be back this weekend before returning for the second week, so I'm focusing on one week at a time, one day at a time.

My husband's current view

The last time this happened I was incredibly blessed to be surrounded by many supportive friends. It truly helped me pass the hours watching Gabriel with far more energy and joy than I possibly could have mustered on my own at that point (especially considering I was in the midst of some of the most tiring days of the first trimester).

This week I've entered the second trimester (hooray!) and do have more energy, but I've booked a full social calendar just the same. I'm so happy to report that, thus far, things have been going smoothly and my awesome friends have filled my life with good (much-needed) conversations that involve more than Gabriel's toddler responses of facial expressions, hand gestures, two-syllable sounding words, or animal sounds. All of those things are adorable, but for my mental health I do need some time to talk to adults as well. :) Not to mention, different friends have prepared and brought me dinner both nights since Michael left.... So thoughtful and generous!

I probably won't find much time to write this week, but I wanted to at least jot down a little update and say "thank you" to everyone who has helped keep me so positive in my husband's absence!

Additionally, I want to thank all of my readers that have sent me various emails over the past few weeks. Typically I tend to correspond with only a small handful of lovely ladies I consider to be some of my best "blogging friends," but recently I've received an outpouring of email from some of you for the first time. I absolutely love getting to know my readers and feel so blessed to learn of the many reasons some of you relate to my life and what I've shared on the blog - whether it has to do with faith journeys, family traditions, or budding relationships that echo much of my love story with Michael. I truly appreciate hearing what you all have had to say! So thank you to all of you that have shared encouraging words, personal anecdotes, or even asked for my advice in recent weeks. You all have been so kind and supportive, which has been a real gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

-William Arthur Ward

1 comment: