Thursday, January 8, 2015

Alive and Well (with so much to tell!)

+JMJ+

Guess what! I'm alive. Blessed Advent, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and a joyful Epiphany to all! Believe me, I know I'm a bit behind; today is literally the first day in weeks that I've powered up my laptop and - imagine my surprise when - the wallpaper image that greeted me was a beautiful Advent wreath. Oops.

Even though I've posted here and there on the Facebook page, it's been pretty quiet silent on the blog the past 3 weeks - ever since I made the announcement that we'd be moving up to the Boston area. Fast forward a few weeks and here I am, stopping in for a brief recap on what I consider to be the first day of my "real life" in our new home. Sure, we've been here awhile (we've actually been unpacked for several days), but with the busyness of the holiday season and all my family being in town, today is the first day during which my husband is at work and I'm flying solo with Gabriel (who probably misses his Aunt Jennie who was staying with us the past few days).

This morning I also had my first appointment with my new doctor's office (where I get to have a midwife - something I wanted in Pennsylvania but couldn't get within a 40-minute radius!). Thankfully I have a very positive first impression of the entire staff and am so looking forward to our 20-week ultrasound which is now less than a week away!  I know doctor's visits sound mundane, but there's something about it that has really helped me feel like, as of today, I'm diving head first into real life here in our new home. The Advent and Christmas seasons brought us so many blessings, but between our 330-mile move (by far the shortest and therefore easiest move of our married lives!) and all the driving back and forth between our new place and visiting my sister and brother-in-law in Cambridge while my parents, grandmother, and younger sister were in town for Christmas and the birth of our new nephew (more on that later) our family has been left feeling like we're in a constant state of flux. Michael has been at his new job since Monday, but yesterday my younger sister headed back to grad school, so today seems like my first day after a long, beautiful - but somewhat hazy and chaotic - holiday break.

It feels so good to be back.

Plus, I can hardly wait to share with you all the wonderful events of the past few weeks! Be on the lookout for upcoming recaps about my birthday, saying goodbye to Pennsylvania/the move further north, Christmas, my nephew's birth, some reflections on 2014, and more.

I hope all your Christmases and holidays have been filled with an abundance of love and joy and that your new year is off to a splendid start. Considering we now live near some family for the first time in our married lives, we seem to have found a great parish community, and we're basically obsessed with/spoiled by our new apartment and its proximity to all sorts of practical things (i.e. the mall, Target, the grocery store, our church, an impressive Catholic store, my new midwife and the hospital where I'll deliver, the interstate, etc.), I think it's fair to say that I've got some well-founded high hopes for 2015. Thanks for joining me on the journey. :)

“Some journeys take you farther from where you come from, but closer to where you belong.”
-Ron Franscell

2 comments:

  1. I've been keeping you and your new baby in my prayers, Stephanie! I'm looking forward to reading about all the great things life in Boston has to offer!
    Peace,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stacey! I hope you are doing well, chica!

      Delete