Thursday, January 15, 2015

Like Brother, Like...Brother!

+JMJ+

By now you all know that our sweet Gabriel is going to be a big brother when Baby K #2 arrives around June 4, 2015. Today I'm 20 weeks pregnant (halfway already!) and last night we had the big ultrasound. We got to see the baby's profile, heart, spine, feet, hands, etc...and we did indeed get to learn whether Gabriel's going to have a little brother or sister. I'll spare you the suspense:


It's a boy! It's also worth noting that our baby looks completely healthy and weighs approximately 13 ounces already (wow!).

My sister gave me the idea to compare Gabriel's 20-week photos with Baby #2 when she asked if they look alike...and call me crazy, but I think those babies really look like brothers (hence the title). Do you see it? Or are my husband and I the only ones?

It's amazing how one baby can seem to tip the balance - because prior to last night I would have said that our family (on my side) was and always has been dominated by girls. I have two sisters (even my husband has one sister), one of which has two of her own daughters. On Christmas day my older sister gave birth to their first boy - so with Gabriel, his new baby cousin, and now this little boy coming soon it seems that the boys are starting to take over!

Honestly, we would have been excited either way. I'm just pumped that we found out because now we are finally going to think and pray about names (one of the most fun parts of pregnancy, I think!). We've already got a few good ideas brewing, but - just like we chose to do with Gabriel - those will most likely remain a secret until Baby Boy makes his arrival and we get to see him in person. :)

Thank you to all of you that have been praying for our growing family! We feel incredibly blessed and beyond excited for what's to come in this budding household of men.


"The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him."
1 John 2:10

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news!! So great when you already have all the clothes and gender appropriate baby items :)

    It was wonderful meeting you in person today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely makes it easier considering we're pretty stocked on boy clothes already. :) It was great meeting you, too!

      Delete
  2. Thank heavens for little boys!!!!!! So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete