Tuesday, January 20, 2015

This is Sheenazing!

+JMJ+

Do you all know who Bonnie is? Have you heard of her annual "Sheenazing Awards" for Catholic bloggers? If not, you should certainly check it out. Here is Bonnie's personal explanation of the infamous awards that she started out of the goodness of her heart:
The Sheenazing Blogger Awards get their name from Venerable Fulton J. Sheen, who was amazing at using the newest forms of media to communicate the beauty of the Catholic Church and his love of Christ to the world. They are a fun way to celebrate the excellence of the Catholic blogosphere and honor Venerable Sheen.
Ever since I've been part of the Catholic blogosphere I've looked to the Sheenazing Awards to help me find good, orthodox, Catholic blogs to read. I have so much fun looking at the lists of nominees to see which of the blogs I follow have (rightly so) made it onto the ballot each year and I'm always happy to discover some new good reads as well. Of course, the world of Catholic blogging is vast and it's impossible to keep up with everyone and all the wonderful things they're writing, but the Sheenazing Awards are such a great jumping off point if you'd like to get started and/or dive deeper into the current Catholic blogosphere.

In case you hadn't guessed, it's that time of year again! Nominations took place recently and yesterday Bonnie published the official list of 2015 nominees/voting ballot.

Here's the kicker: due to the holidays and our recent move I've been more than a little out of touch with most of the blogging world as of late. I almost failed to realize the Sheenazing Awards were upon us, until I began seeing some of my blog friends post the exciting news that they had been nominated (congrats to all of you!). Their updates piqued my curiosity and I headed over to Bonnie's to read the full list and prepare to vote. As I continued reading, something caught my eye and I had to back up for a minute. I nearly missed it, but you guys...

I WAS NOMINATED for "Best Under-Appreciated Blog"!


I stared at my phone for a few seconds, not comprehending what was going on. As reality sank in, I began to doubt the legitimacy of the nomination process (sorry, Bonnie, for doubting you!). I thought that perhaps my mother somehow did this; a nomination from my mom - that would surely explain it. Then I read the full, detailed requirements for making it onto the final ballot. Apparently enough people actually submitted me for me to make it onto the ballot.

To some of the nominees this entire thing may not come as a surprise - but as someone who made it onto the list for the first time ever (alongside SO many other wonderful bloggers I greatly admire!) I can assure you that this feels truly amazing. Or Sheenazing, rather. ;)

Honestly, just making it on the ballot has made me feel beyond humbled, grateful, and excited. It's enough to make me feel loved and affirmed for several days, no doubt - and if you get a spare moment and decide to cast a vote my way for the "Best Under-Appreciated Blog" category, I'll surely be left speechless. After all, there are some fantastic ladies on that list that most certainly deserve to be there. Thank you, thank you, thank you to any and all of you that thought of me when submitting your nominations. And thank you, Bonnie, for creating and hosting the Sheenazing Awards!

"I tell my kids and I tell proteges, always have humility when you create and grace when you succeed, because it's not about you. You are a terminal for a higher power. As soon as you accept that, you can do it forever."
-Quincy Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment