Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pregnancy Photo Timeline

+JMJ+

...because who doesn't find it fascinating to look back on a growing baby bump?

Before I dive in, I'd like to take a brief moment to acknowledge that it's National Infertility Awareness Week and ask you to please pray for all couples carrying the cross of infertility. As we celebrate the joy of this baby boy's life and his impending arrival, let us also offer our support and prayers for those who find themselves in a very different boat. For more about infertility (whether it comes in the form of difficulty conceiving or pregnancy loss), I recommend checking out this list of 9 Ways to Support A Couple Experiencing Infertility or A Blog About Miscarriage. No matter a couple's circumstances, I hope we can all agree that fertility isn't small talk meant for strangers because those seemingly harmless questions about someone else's family planning deal with immensely private subject matter. Here's a beautiful piece explaining how we can all be more sensitive to others' experiences with fertility and infertility alike.

Now let's look at this little boy's growth, shall we?

These are almost all the random weeks I've remembered to take a photo this time around. Sorry, kid! I've just been more laid-back with you than with your brother. ;) 

If you had asked me towards the start of this pregnancy if I would be posting photos of myself in the third trimester I would have responded with a resounding, "heck NO." That just goes to show that you never fully know what to expect from each pregnancy until you live it. 

This time around I've done a far better job of learning how to look and feel more like "myself" well into the third trimester, so I actually don't mind the photos thus far...and I have no problem sharing that I owe lots of that to 4 crucial factors:
1) eating at home (Michael and I were so guilty of eating out too often when I was pregnant with Gabriel - especially in the 3rd trimester),
2) regularly working out in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters,
3) NOT chopping my long hair off, and
4) wearing my favorite lipstick a few times a week. 
Seriously - never underestimate the power of a good lipstick. I learned this valuable lesson somewhere in the midst of my postpartum days (months after Gabriel was born) when I realized how put-together and like myself a little lipstick made me feel, regardless of the last time I had a good night's sleep or washed my hair (moms, you know those days). I was never a big lipstick-wearer prior to this past year, but it's currently that quick, harmless, little thing that gives me an extra pep-in-my-step boost of confidence so I've embraced it with open arms and haven't looked back since. Whatever that thing is for you, I say "do it."

But even more seriously: I owe all my gratitude to the Lord for blessing Michael and me with this baby. Far more important than what my (thankfully positive) pregnancy experiences have been like is the simple fact that I have been blessed with a baby. A baby with his own unique body and soul and his very own guardian angel (I just love that image of being surrounded by my guardian angel and his while he grows, don't you?). What a gift to our family and the world he will be!

Today I'm officially 34 weeks pregnant, so I'm over-the-moon excited to meet this little boy in (hopefully) less than 6 weeks! Thank you again to those of you that have been keeping our growing family in your prayers.

"If I am thinking correctly," said Pooh, "a new baby is probably, undoubtedly the grandest gift that could ever be."
-A.A. Milne

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing Stephanie. And you really look so joyful. What is your favorite lipstick? I'm curious now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! :) My favorite lipstick is the "Marvelous Moxie" line made by Bare Minerals. I have it in 2 colors because I like it so much; I have "Call the Shots" which is a great deeper red I used a lot in winter & "Live it Up" which I use more in spring and summer because it's a brighter red-orange color. It's seriously amazing because not only is it formulated without parabens, sulfates, or phthalates, but it is legitimately long-lasting! I can put it on in the morning and the color will still be there at night without needing to reapply. I've never liked the look or feel of a lipstick this much - which is probably part of why it converted me into a regular lipstick-wearer. ;) I highly recommend it!

      Delete