Friday, June 5, 2015

Introducing Peter Matthias!

+JMJ+

With great joy I'd like to introduce to you the newest member of our family: Peter Matthias!


Interestingly enough, I wrote on Monday night about how having to wait for our boy's arrival was probably God's way of blessing us with some extra time to enjoy making memories and prepare ourselves for this new chapter in our lives. That night, before Michael and I fell asleep we prayed together a somewhat lengthy prayer with all of our petitions and thanksgivings; as soon as we finished I immediately thought to myself, "I'm actually grateful that Peter hasn't been born yet, because I had really wanted to be able to pray like that with Michael before he comes. Maybe this is what God was giving us time to do." 

I fell asleep with the notion that after that special prayer time together we were truly 100% ready and in the right mindset to meet our son. I woke up at 4:30am to contractions that were already 2.5 minutes apart and the rest is history!

Peter was born on Tuesday, June 2nd at 9:25am after an astoundingly fast labor that began and ended within a total of 5 hours(!). He weighed in at 7 lbs. 12 oz. and is 21 inches long. 






Thank you thank you thank you for all your support and prayers and welcome to the family, Peter! We already love you so.

4 comments:

  1. Many blessings on your beautiful family!!! A domestic church! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! What a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome little Peter! You are already so loved. And congratulations Michael & Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete