Monday, June 1, 2015

The Final Countdown

+JMJ+

It's officially June! Other than obsessively maintaining order within our apartment and keeping it slightly cleaner than normal, all the nesting is complete (though if we're being honest, the necessary stuff has been done for awhile and everything beyond that has just been icing on the cake - which this neat freak is more than okay with).

Still, at this point we're ready for this baby to make his debut any time it pleases him....

The baby isn't even due until Thursday, but considering Gabriel was born at 39 weeks 2 days and I'm currently 39 weeks 4 days it just feels like I should be holding this boy in my arms by now. I'm doing my best to be patient and not wish these final days away...because I figure that God's timing is perfect. If our son hasn't made his debut yet there must be a reason why - so I'm going to focus on all the additional chores it allows me to do, the extra time it gives me to pray and prepare my heart for this new adventure, and all the sweet memories this period of waiting is giving me with my family.

When I think back on the past couple of weeks, we've really been blessed to make some happy memories. Considering this is where I find solace in having to wait for the birth of this child, I figured I'd compile some of my favorite photos from our final days as a family of three. And because I don't have the energy or desire to spend hours editing exposures, I'm going to take the easy route and post them as they first appeared on my private Instagram account. Enjoy!


38(.5) weeks!


Our friend Ben came to visit on Memorial Day Weekend
& he captured this photo before a delicious Sunday brunch.


With my boy(s)!


Snapshot from a happy afternoon snack with this little man. <3


39 weeks 1 day and all dressed up for a dinner date with the husband.
For the record, it was the best date we've been on in MONTHS - possibly even since Gabriel's birth. What a gift it was.


Michael and I wonder how much Gabriel comprehends and/or senses about his baby brother's impending arrival - because these past few days he has wanted to stay extra close to his mama's side. I just love him so.


Perhaps our final photo as a family of three???

This picture captures the best stuff life is made of. This past Saturday my sister and her family joined us as we soaked in the sun and splashed in the pool. Then the men grilled us a fabulous lunch that we ate outside. Not pictured is the photographer, aka my mom (who is in town for the baby's birth since my sister is flying to California).


Just a snapshot from yesterday morning. 39 weeks 3 days!


And today: still pregnant. 

"A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories."
-Honore de Balzac

1 comment:

  1. Look at that belly! so cute!
    Isabel was born just 4 days before her due date. her brothers were more impatient and wanted to be born around 38 weeks.... Good luck.. praying for you!

    ReplyDelete