Monday, January 18, 2016

100,000

+JMJ+

Today is day one of potty training Gabriel (more on that another time), which basically means I have z.e.r.o plans to leave the house for 3 days. Not to mention, both of the boys were sick all throughout last week with some nasty colds and mucousy coughs which means I barely left the house last week either. So, my husband has graciously agreed to "help me not go crazy" (my words, not his) by giving me one hour to myself each day when he gets home from work.

Initially, I thought I would use my hour to flee to our townhouse community gym - but considering how infrequently I have been able to carve out time for myself to blog the past 4 months (okay, maybe 7? which clearly has nothing to do with having a 7-month-old baby and a toddler -ha) I chose instead to close myself off in the "nursery" (aka extension off the master bedroom that houses our mini-crib and desk) to hash out some things for the blog that I've been desperately (read: unsuccessfully) attempting to complete the past couple weeks. Yes, that was all one sentence. 

I had grandiose plans of finalizing a post detailing my brother-in-law's epic celebration of his birthday and official completion of graduate school FOREVER (unless something drastically changes), but then I logged in and noticed something....

I'm not one for paying too much attention to pageviews and stats, but last week when I was getting caught up on some writing I noticed I was nearing a large (for me) milestone. Lo and behold, when I logged in today I saw that I already passed it (whoops).

Now I can officially say that my blog has over 100,000 unique pageviews!


Yep. It's true.


Thanks for your enthusiasm, my boy! ;)

Naturally, I spent a good 45 minutes of my hour alone sifting through photographs before deciding to add a bit of text to those pictures of Peter from last month...which means a bigger recap must wait until a later date.

But still, wasn't this fun?

It's crazy for me to think about how much I have experienced in the past few years since getting married - and how much of that has been recorded in this personal space. To all of you that have been journeying with me as I've unpacked more and more about what it means for me to be a wife, a mother, or to have moved with my husband from Michigan to Florida to Pennsylvania to Massachusetts in just a few years' time...thank you. And to those of you that have found Bluebird Songs a bit more recently: welcome! I'm glad to have you.

And regardless of whether you've stopped by once, twice, or a whole boatload of times, I'd love to hear from you! What brought you to my blog in the first place? And (assuming you came back) what has brought you back? What are some of your favorite types of posts? Inquiring minds want to know!

...and considering my husband asked me if I was done 15 minutes ago, I requested 5 more, and my 2-year-old is suddenly waiting waiting waiting a foot away from me I'm going to call it a day.

Thanks for reading!

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments."
-Rose Kennedy

1 comment: