Thursday, September 15, 2016

Family Photos & a (Final) Moving Announcement!

+JMJ+

Dear summer, where did you go??? The blog has been dormant these past few months, but we have certainly been busy with all kinds of fun celebrations and family time - like both of the boys' birthdays, a vacation in the Carolinas, and all kinds of new experiences for Gabriel, including a "Mommy and me" summer swim class, starting gymnastics classes (he loves it!), and beginning a Catholic cooperative preschool one day a week at a friend's house.

It's been a remarkable time in our lives in a lot of ways, and I'm very pleased that we were able to carve out an hour to get some professional photos taken of our family back in August. The last time we took family photos we were living in Pennsylvania, Gabriel was 15 months old, and I was in the first trimester with Peter! Now, less than two years later we are outside of Boston, Gabriel is three years old, and baby Peter is 15 months already (14.5 months when the photos were taken). Incredible.

Here are a handful of my favorites, with all photo credit going to Alex Peacher.








If you've been following our journey for awhile, you'll remember that we have moved a lot as we have followed my biomedical engineer husband's career in consulting. But, the kids' milestones are not the only big changes that have been happening around here this summer....

Without further ado, I am pleased to announce that my husband has accepted a full-time position in North Carolina...! This, of course, means moving away from some of my family that is in Boston (which is undoubtedly bittersweet), but I'm very confident that our Midwestern hearts will find peace and joy as we seek out new community and opportunities down South.

Someday I will get around to writing this story more fully on the blog, because it's one that is truly woven by the Lord's hands. Divine Providence has slowly been pushing us toward this place and this decision for several months - long before we could even possibly know.

I cannot wait to see what He has in store for us down South, nor can I wait to finally set down some roots and let them grow deep. Thank you in advance for any prayers you send our way as we embark on this latest adventure!

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.” 
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you, your husband and family. You two are great at supporting eachother. I have followed your blog for years and thank you for continuing it. I started following a few years ago because I like your husband am Asian Pacific Islander and my wife is Caucasian such as yourself. Your family is beautiful and I always was curious as to how our Son might look like when he was born. Needless to say our Son Reid was born this past May and so many similarities to your sons. Very excited for you both and keep on blogging. If I could share you a pic of my family I would.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family. I am a fan of this blog because my wife and I are like both of you. I am Asian Pacific Islander mostly and my wife is Caucasian. I started following because I was curious how our children may look like when we start a family. Your children are so beautiful and mixed babies are the cutest and most adorable. We just had our son this past May and so many similarities to your children although with darker brown hair but not black like mine. He also has half of a blue eye from his mom. Thank you for blogging and good luck on the move.

    ReplyDelete